Toying with transcription

OK, so here we go. Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog. After who knows how long, but it doesn't matter. I obviously still do miniature stuff and I want to share it, but between mental health and you know a lot of downtime and whatever, it's been hard to do.

So I'm experimenting a little bit with the format today because I realized earlier that a big hassle for me has been sitting down and writing out blog posts. Because obviously, you know, we all have a little bit of perfectionism in us. So I wanted to do the whole, everything has to be pretty and aligned and set up neatly and get photos in and look professional and all of that extra homework really.

Whereas now I'm trying to embrace the minimum viable product here instead. Like hey, you know what? Maybe I don't need to spend all of this time and energy on formatting and whatever if that's not what I'm enjoying. And this leads me to to this post today. I am writing this over a transcription app, this is just me talking to my phone in my bed or at my table and I figured this might probably hopefully lead to a different era in in the blog. Maybe it'll be a little more essay or little more rambly from time to time as I get on tangents but then again so do I do on text. At least it's an attempt to try and see out how things work with this, and seeing how readable this will be and maybe could it work.

Because ideally it should make it easier for me to just sit down and take some photos of what I'm doing and talk at my phone for a while about "oh this is what I'm doing now, this is exciting" And then do some quick text editing and just throw the rest up on on the blog hopefully. So ideally it'll make my posts more frequent or more easy to do. Because normally I'll sit down and I will spend like an hour, an hour and a half, to write down a blog post. And it's a lot of time to spend after having played an entire game or whatever. I'll just play this game for a few hours and then afterwards sit down and then have to do the homework afterward. No thanks, let's let's make this homework easier for me, so yeah. Enjoy!

Yeah. So what am I doing now? Well back in the early spring Curtis from Ramshackle Games did a Kickstarter for some Boglander miniatures. I have been lucky enough to actually get an advanced copy sent or like pre-Kickstarter copy sent. They have just been resting on my shelf for a little while, while other adult things needed my attention, sadly.

But now that it's getting gloomy outside again, I feel the urge to sit down and paint and build weird things. And that's where they come into the picture. So what I've been doing is going over the some 40-45 miniatures in total - I got the whole lot, and figuring out how to sort of categorize them or like divide them into smaller groups or gangs or warbands in order to break down the size and the mass of miniatures in front of me.

And so far I've been doing an OK job of that. I have established a few themes and made some miniatures in within those. I think I'm up to having painted and built maybe 20 of them now which is a big number actually like considering I started this October. 20 miniatures is well done for about a month's of work. So yeah I've been building those.

I have the themes I've assorted them into. I have made some some farmers in a sense where they will be insect people with like various farming tools and maybe bows and or like cauldrons and stuff. So they will be the regular old folk like obviously insects breed, breed really fast. I figured yes, let's have them be the ones that have large families and need to feed all of their kids and you know we are tending the fields.


So that's the like the one group, the second group I've made I think I called them iron mongers or something. You see there is a set of of smithing tools and things in there. So obviously I made some few, some few guys with like mechanical arms or wrenches or pistols or just tools carried around or like scavenged metal to bring to the forges and smelt down, which has been really fun actually to make.

I've also been toying with the idea of playing The Doomed the game, a miniatures game which was suggested to me by Ben and it's it's been really fun so far. I've played I think a single scenario as my iron mongers. I didn't quite win but I got some renown out of it, and that's that's a win to me. I mean hey, no dead miniatures just yet. So that's been a nice little way to to sneak in some some hobby work here and there. Just making some little guys on 20mm bases and playing some rounds of a pretty approachable and enjoyable game.

And hopefully I can keep it up

[ Editing notes: ouch this really highlights my speaking mannerisms, especially as the transcriber doesn't care for punctuation. I will try to speak more slowly in the future I think ]

Comments