2018 in review

So there we go, another year has slipped us by. As as with previous christmas I thought it relevant or at least entertaining to look back at what things I have made during the year, and as an addition what kind of things I'd love to finish up or start in the coming one.

Starting things right off, I painted all the beautiful necrolluscs I got last christmas in early january


I found my old stash of toys and started building and painting things from there, it saw me both with some fun commission work for a while and the rise of my Kaiju fighting force that have seen plenty of action in Mighty Monsters by now.




Then Mini Gangs released! And I ended up quickly painting up my Yellow Devils squad as well as my Quartshammer Squats, who have seen recent reinforcements as well.



Then a title named Sengoku: Monster Hunter came out and caught me off-guard with its 15mm scale, japanese fantasy, co-op play and campaign stuffs. And so I splurged and obsessed over the rules and minis, even wrote a review I think Alternative Armies is still featuring on their page for the game. And after being decidedly handed my own ass a couple of times, I worked up the gusto to star a few battle reports, which I should get back too as well 



Then around my birthday in June I got another batch of coolies, in the shape of Reaper Bones and some more assorted Wasteman stuff, and what became the start of my hideous GHOULS.




And following in the footfalls of summer came the autumn where things took a ghastly detour, I had gotten my sci-fi undeads, VUK things and even took a detour to Skavenblight to make all sorts of beautiful minions.




So that's all together a lot of things done I feel. And hopefully next year will be just as cool. Looking at my (sadly still) significant grey pile of shame, there are some things and projects I'd love to do next year.

More Pantheon of Chaos
Looking on my project list, I have 7 more Knightmare Minis to paint, including such madness as a converted doom bull, a chaos lord on a giant boar, various dragon-ogres and a slew of weird beastmen from knightmare miniatures. I would love seeing that all finished and painted up completely. In that same vein, I do so despise the bases I've done on some of my goblins from earlier so redoing those and welcoming them into my ranks of united chaos and mischief would be lovely.


More Old School Skaven
I have by now collected most of the 4th edition era skaven minis and even some of the earlier marauder ones, I even have several weapon teams, warlocks and a lightning cannon. I'd love seeing my rat babies in fully coloured glory, preferably right alongside my united chaos front.



More Kultists
As part of my biggest christmas present I got an entire set of Dagonites for VUK, considering how many VUK miniatures I've actually managed to paint these last few months I'd super love to see them along their slimy brethren.


More Retro Sci-Fi
 I have lately fallen a little bit in love with some of the sculpts from Ion Age's 28mm range, (something I have actually written about but forgotten to publish, whoops) as well as a few others, to give a very early 40k feel or rogue trader feel.


More Published Works
During this year I've had several smaller projects, including some forays into hacks for ASoBH, a boss-hunting skirmish game, a complete module of Armageddon Hour for Tabletop Simulator, and I've even got to do creative sparring with both the creator of Mini Gangs and Ganesha Games. So I really hope to see and hopefully hold in my own hands.



Less Broken Furniture
...... ahem


Comments