Mystery Box Unboxing

Today I received a very big and very mysterious box, filled with smaller but equally mysterious boxes courtesy of my good friend and cartoonist Ben, who currently goes under the alias jamjarastronaut.


Right of the bat I can see that one of the boxes matter of fact inst a box, and isnt very mysterious either, but rather is some sort of angry gastly horse-serpent-mantis hybrid. Knowing Ben, this could merely have been packaging, but I'd rather not risk dissecting the thingie in search of diamonds or whatever.

   

The mystery box no. 1 is hopefully not smokes. And as you can see from my vivisection of the box, I am not used to open or handling these.

   

But no, the insides are something much more rad. It contains a miniature from Black Tree Design, who I have no prior experience with, looking like either a piece of the latest couture or a sort of Mothman. Just the sort of chap I'll have hanging around my ghouls and other ghastly swamp fiends.

   

Mystery box no. 2 has a nice heft to it, and from its labeling has to be some sort of liquid incendiary.

    

On further inspection there is a lot of space in there for thingies, and this mystery package may actually be several! The first blob of bubble wrap turns out to be a crooked nosed mosquito man - home made even!

   

Second bundle is another home sculpted miniature, this time a bulbous guy with a cleaver, shotgun and a cutesy centipede buddy riding his shoulder. 

   

And right on his trail is a pustulous lady in a bug-covered dress.

   

All around they look like a group of bandits from the seriously bad neighborhood in town and of course they will make beautiful minions, cultist, freaks and whatever!


Now the 3rd box is titled very mysterious, but does to the contrary appear to betray its contents quite easily.

   

However when opened and appraised it clear that this is more than a Signore Della Peste, it is in fact a time machine. Peeling the shrink wrap, looking at the metal lumps and weird square base takes me right all the way back to my early days of skaven fancination and suddenly I am seven and looking at metal rat ogres and globadiers again.


As for the mystery box no. 4 it is actually number 5, but also 4, but also 5. 

   

This rather small box contained a whole 3 different things. Two additional miniatures, one is a prospector with a weird sunburn and the other is some sort of weird monster. 

   

The final item is some sort of glistening tapeworm that when pulled turns into a shower cap. Which is smart if you wanna shower without getting your hair wet, however it may not be quite sufficient for the sasquatch writing this.

   

And the final 6th mystery box contained a supposidly glow in the dark pug soldier.

   

This is another of Ben's own sculpts and a mere sampler of the entire line being sold at Ramshackle Games.


So over all, wow, so much fun and so many goodies. I don't even know where to start my brushwork. But I do hope this wasn't meant for the holidays because yeah well, those boxes and pretty gutted by now.

But seriously dude, I appreciate it!

Comments