Enrolling a Teutanotron

Today I recieved a really cool package. The Old School Miniatures company is currently running a kickstarter for some quite versatile robots, usable in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm etc. As part of that I've been lucky enough to receive a sculpt early to review!


And opening today's package with bated breath, it turns out I got a copy the arm-less fella on the left. And a quick disclaimer before we get into the mini and what I did with it: While I am a friend of the sculptor who made them, he had no say in the who the reviewers were. 


This is how he came out of the package, clear details and lines, almost no visible mold lines and he even survived a 3 foot drop by the klutz yours truly.


The line along the leg gunk in the leg rivet is about the worst I had to do regarding cleanup, and that was simply a matter of running a scalpel against the surface at an angle


Though I am not entirely sure what the purpose of the two sticks on the top hull is, they look like left-overs from the casting process, since they dont have any details that'd identify them as rocket pads or whatever.

  

But both of them did had what I presume to be deliberate structural weaknesses to make removal easier. I decided to clip them off and file the surface down.


Size-wise I mounted it on a 30mm base, as a 25mm one would be a bit slim and a 40mm felt like over-doing it a tad. The model itself is about 40mm high from tip of the toe to top of the dome.


Here it is next to a variety of things on my painting table. From left to right we have a skaven globadier, a toy dinosaur, the robot in question, a future savage and a wasteman pilgrim.


The old titans are an amazing sight and quite obvious inspiration here. And while it would be sweet to paint mine up like that too, I feel like starting an entirely new army might not be good for my sanity. So the question then becomes, just where can I squeeze in my new stompy bot?


It could be homebrewed into any car combat game, and given some slick sponsorship decals


It could be a smaller firing platform for my Kaiju Hunters.


Or some heavy infantry for my Ad Mech with a few extra embellishments.


However in the end, I figured it had a pretty good dwarven attitude what with the scowl and bottom heavy look. That and the white/purple heraldry on my dwarves is bound to look good on him.


And erm, after a focused painting session, I can only conclude: it does! So my robot is gonna be the equivelant of a terminator armor for my squat force.





Over all it was a joy to paint, and I am quite looking forward to the rest of the line, where-ever I figure out I wanna conscript them, especially the massive Hornet should be fun to paint up and magnetize with an entire armory of different guns and weapons.

Image 388286 original.jpg?ixlib=rb 1.1

Image 388287 original.jpg?ixlib=rb 1.1


Comments