Glue Gun Radiation Globs

Some months back I saw a video posted in a group, detailing how to use a hot glue gun to make slimes and oozes for dungeons and dragons or other role playing games. I immediately went through old drawers because I vaguely remembered having one, but it must have been thrown out years ago. So the entire idea was canned. That is until my brother started packing up his thing as he is moving, lo and be hold I found something laid out among his things.


I wrote him a hasty note thanking him for his contribution, and begun unpacking it. It had been a while since I worked with a hot glue gun, and I couldn't for the life of me find the earlier video. But I had the basics down, I want a shallow basin of water to drop long wiggly strands into, so they'd cool and harden and then I could use them at pseudopods.


I fetched a paper for any potential droplets, and my scalpel for any clean up work. I also got two oil drums I've had lying around for a while, they'd make nice centerpieces in the globs.


There were a damn ton of strings from the glue bits, but they were easily cut off. Also I figured out that if you wanna splint up some of the pseudopods, instead of giving them a clean cut simply pull on both ends, they'll snap along the weakest point and look stretched and pointed instead of oddly flat near the ends.


This is my first and probably favorite glue-baby.

   

My awkward second born

  

And my third one who gets to fly around dripping onto people.



I painted up the first one as a proof of concept and am very content with the result, but I also quickly realised the other two needed some of that bubbly texture, as they were a bit plain. So I promptly interrupted the base coating and went to fetch the glue gun anew.


This fella still needs some cleaning up, but for now he has a lot more texture to him.


And my melty mosquito has gotten some extra dripply blobs too. I am now gonna head back to my desk and finish these two babies up, but over all I have fun with the glue gun and only managed to burn my fingers once or twice, but I have always been very handsy with things I work with.

Comments