Ghosts and Ghouls, oh my!

My latest projects have been painting the last of my lunar coalition, of doomed and dreadful explorers killed by the beings of foreign space, but not given the mercy of death. I finally have some 9 members of the group painted and ready to roam the corridors of lost colonies.


Its one of those long-time planned ones that has finally hit a sort of finish-line, I mean dang even my first or so blog post is about the undeads from last october. Doing these has given me such a craving for more sci-fi ship-crawls but I am not sure where to start.


And because death is kind of the menu, the still living people of creepsylvania has reared their hooded faces to consume our flesh. GHOUL is here! And I am loving how they came out, now I just need the remaining three figures from the range to satisfy my thrashy taste.


A big motivator for the ghouls are the soon shipping game Von Unaussprechlichen Kulten.  I have for a while wanted to get into Strange Aeons, the game made by Uncle Mike. A desire brought forth by this video that apparently came out some FIVE years ago, yikes.



Well I have finally taken the plunge now. While I feel the themes of Lovecrafts mythos can sometimes get a bit overplayed and reduced to screaming and tentacles in some media, Kultens presentation is a slightly different take I can live with. Its a small rural village somewhere, everything is fine people are happy, except it harbors a deep secret, actually two.... and its about to get awkward. You play as rivaling cultists with your own little deities, and a serious feud going on.


I late pledged for some seriously inbred hillbillies and graveyard witches. Two groups where I feel GHOUL would fit in easily.

Comments