End of summer rush

So that was that spring break for me, and while it has only been about a week, I have managed to cram a lot of hobbying into a rather short amount of time.

I have had another vacation to our vacation home in northern denmark, a place with a lot of sand and not a lot to do. So as always I brought along my trusty paints and brushes and a good book. But due to issues with the electricity I only had actual sunlight to paint under, so it got a bit sporadic.


While mister invader here isn't entirely done yet, I am still quite proud of his green.


Like with my last tour to Løkken, I am trying to bring some really saturated colours and try to resist the urge to paint details grey or brown.


Gammon Skullsnacker still has a little work to be done on his blaster and cables, but that shouldn't overshadow the nice yellow and pink tones I've managed to hit.


And another half-finished Glory Hog, in a hawaiian shirt and leathervest with a very old message. From back during the 70s where the danish were very unhappy with the idea of nuclear power, this badge made its first appearance and is still a well known public image. I find it to have some sort of delicious irony, to persumably have this iconography survive into the irradiated wasteland.

"Nuclear power? No thanks"

And because I am who I am, my muse is like a goddamn hydra. Whenever I finish up a few things, a load of other ideas and projects crop up in their place. Even being without internet is no excuse. I found this dragon hungry for a throwdown in a local toy store for next to nothing. Its paintjob is still the factory one, but I have a feeling this is gonna turn into a cool dude for my assorted chaos folks.


So fair enough, one new mini to some half a dusin painted. Well on the very last day there, I was a alerted to a podcast happening regarding all things wasteman. And I of course had to attend through my mobile data. Among the subjects were the newly made rules for having all kinds of dinosaurs weather real, imaginary, alive, dead, robots or whatever. Jason casually mentioned how he'd love to see this huge bronchosaurus with a howdah, well.... It just so happens that I have a some 20 year old toy with me of a huge bronchosaurus. Feeling inspired I went and picked up a ton of string and sticks to start my crafts project. I am not quite near finished yet, but I have made some of the spiked scaffolding.

   
   

The string is just there for the aesthetic, as I want it too look at least reasonably constructed. But glue is what is holding all of it together.

And as a very last thing, I also had an inkling to make some Star Bastards out of some old space marines. Star Bastards is a bad joke turned into a game during the BOYL event in england. The base premise is that you are a lost chapter of space marines, disillusioned, casualties piling, supplies running low. So they salvage what they can, go rogue, turn to barbarism. And thats pretty much it, you show up with this hooligan marines and score points by defacing buildings, eating farm animals, killing people and siring awful offspring during the heat of the raid. 

But I find something quite appealing about the notion of these less than polished marines in old battered power armours, many times jury rigged and a mess of chapter colours. My lads below are of course only builds, but I am so far quite content, I just fear I am lacking the proper bits to make many more.


I may decide to give this guy some sort of powered weapon in his right hand, since he isn't quite where I'd like him to be just yet, but we will see...

Comments