A covenant is signed!

After some late pledging and a good deal of waiting I got my PDF copy of Von Unassprechlichen Kulten yesterday, spending most of today reading rules and pondering the madness within I have both impressions and a budding Kult of my own to share. Within the rulebook are 8 different cults, with their own perks, powers, characters and what not. I already have a cool selection of dudes, from among other things Wasteman as well as some recent gifts that will make perfect additions.

So among the 8 contenders, I went with the Cult de Ghouls, consisting of ghouls, cannibals, graveyard dwellers, critters, witches and degenerates. Making a list for 35 points was pretty straight forward, considering what I had available sort of dictated my choices.

One eerie night a traveling band meet the locals within the swampland....

Being a cult de ghouls, I felt the choice of leader would have to be the Ghoul King, or in this case a Ghoul Queen. I used a newly painted miniature given to me as a gift and armed her with a Scepter to command her minions as well as a Wrecking Hammer, in this case represented by the large flail she carries, now nicknamed The Dinner Bell.


Accompanying this lovely lady is her husband, this time just a regular old ghoul, who while wielding a bone, I decided didn't need to be armed considering the innate filthy claws and teeth ghouls get.


The big hassle was the band GHOUL, I didn't want them to be full on ghouls (Its getting confusing with all the ghoulery, I know...), so I had to look at the various other humanoid options for the Cult de Ghouls. Cultists is always an option, but I figured they are a little cooler than that. 


I made them into Degenerates, basically these are filthy, unruly and quite insane people - a perfect fit. I liked the idea of  their extra attacks, them being hideous and of course their skill Violator, which makes enemies they kill even more distressing to bystanders.

"So, youze herd 'bout de Splattertrash?" into the early morning they were partying, fighting and sharing recipes. An alliance had been formed on a shared love of meat and senseless violence.

Considering they were humans, my GHOUL (not ghoul) friends could and probably should have some equipment as they sadly lack all the amazing teeth of their new friends. I wanted to stay true to WYSIWYG. And so Cremator got a Torch and a Knife, Dissector got a Wrecking Hammer as a stand in for his grave robbing shovel, while Fermentor and Digestor both got clubs and molotovs.

And so GHOUL and the ghouls lived happily ever af- Oh my god they've seen me!!

I also made the addition of 2 mutant flies I had lying around, I plan on using them as Giant Bats, once my kult gets a few games under the belt and some spare change, but I must say I am happy with how much of an aesthetic they add to the group. But regardless once my minis arrive from Uncle Mike, I am gonna have plenty of choice on my hands.


And speaking of, the whole game looks like a blast. I love all the silly intricacies in the rules, like the fact you can attempt to earn my favor by sacrificing your own guys post game, that you can buy and manage a graveyard, that if the opponent is getting too successful for his own good you can use dirty tricks to sabotage him or just straight up call the cops - you filthy snitch. 

Considering how many mutants I also have lying around, the next cult I make is for sure gonna be the Dunwich Folk, but I do also feel myself lured a bit towards the Death Cult, since you could make a cult consisting of just one weird guy and his collection of reanimated dismembered limbs.

Comments